Follow me on Twitter

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @hoppersongs

Thursday 7 March 2013

Accompanist Sought

I've played with Andee Price for over six years. She's a great musician and it's been a pleasure to share the stage and record songs with someone who brought such experience and know-how to the party. But things move on and I won't be rehearsing, recording travelling and gigging with her any more. I'm looking for a new accompanist.
 
Below is the burb I've been circulating. Do you know anyone?
 
S.
 
 
ACCOMPANIST SOUGHT
 
Acoustic/Folk/Singer-Songwriter seeks virtuoso instrumentalist/harmony singer for ongoing gigging and recording in duo/trio/four-piece scenario.
 
You will be an accomplished player/performer for whom quality of musical experience is paramount. The instrument you play is not as important as your ability to contribute to a classy finished musical offering. If you are a multi-instrumentalist, so much the better. You will be interested in songs, story-telling and the human experience.
 
I am an experienced writer/singer. I'm a songwriter first, a singer second and a competent guitarist/mandolinist/mandolaist third.
 
I'll be responsible for paying expenses at all times. I'll book the gigs. We'll split net gig income evenly.
 
I believe that playing live is the most important thing. I play and have toured recently in England, Scotland, Germany and Sweden. I will be playing regularly over the coming years and am looking for someone who wants the same.
 
See:
 
 
 
MEDIA
 
“His songs are topical and intelligent. They don’t pull political punches… they try their damnedest to seek a deeper context or reference point in a quest for understanding.” hifi+ Magazine
 
Simon’s mastery of language as a beautifully pliable medium makes possible the delivery of dense and profound observations with precision and clarity. Asked about the scope of his subject matter, Simon replies: “Things that happen, things that matter.” The socio-political songs, for instance, jab at contemporary society's political amnesia: “And the weak feel powerless to act / Like a bystander on Kristallnacht…”
 
The love songs, too, are rarely unequivocal: “And she makes me feel at ease / And she's really keen to please / But it's funny, but it's true / It all makes me think of you…”
 
 
 
Simon Hopper: simon@simonhopper.co.uk / 07968 500 161

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete